How To Select A Professional Roofing Contractor
Questions To Ask Your Roofer
Free Estimate Click to Call
- Does the contractor employ capable applicators to install the shingles?
- Does the contractor provide an estimate or a full and complete proposal?
- Was the contractor or salesman willing to spend time talking with you?
- Did the contractor or salesperson demonstrate specific knowledge about other work. Shows the amount of involvement in the actual work.
- What is the full name of the company? Is it a corporation or single proprietorship? Who owns the company?
- What is the street address of the company?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Is the contractor’s office nearby? (quicker service if the company is based near your home.)
- Does the company carry liability insurance?
- Does the company carry workers compensation insurance to protect you in the event of a roofing accident? (Ask to see the certificates of insurance)
- Is the company a licensed contractor? (Licensed by your state, county or city)
- How long has the company been in business? (Less than five years may indicate an unstable business)
- Will the company provide referrals or references from previous jobs? (Ask for 10 job-site locations in your area that you can visit.)
- Does your contractor have photos of completed work?
- Does the company provide a written workmanship warranty?
- What is the company's record for solving customer complaints?
- Did the contractor ever lose a job related-court case?
- Has the contractor's license has ever been suspended?
- Does the contractor offer a range of quality in the product? (Typically—good, better and best.)
- Does the contractor provide product literature and samples?
Roof Repair and Replacement Services
Free Estimate Click to Call
- Our roofers are apprentices until they pass three industry certification examinations
- We provide full and complete written proposals.
- We spend whatever time it takes to fully understand your needs, and to make sure you know what we are proposing to do.
- Our installation management team conducts customer interviews. We do not have salespeople. They are proud of the work they do, and show it.
- Summit Roofing, Inc. Virginia Corporation, owned by Sam Fullerton, Jr.
- 13042 Balls Ford Rd, Manassas, VA, 20109
- Operating since 1979
- Summit Roofing is conveniently located in Northern Virginia to quickly and efficiently take care of your roofing, siding, gutter and replacement window needs.
- Yes. General Liability Underwritten by Commonwealth Contractors
- Yes. We are a Class A state-licensed contractor. We are licensed to do business throughout Northern Virginia.
- More than 30 years. Summit Roofing has been in business since 1979.
- We will provide 10 referrals. We ask that we be able to call them first to make sure they do not mind your call.
- We provide an extensive list of houses we have worked on which includes the shingle type and color. We also provide the address of the house so you may drive by and look at it.
- We provide a ten-year warranty.
- We have an outstanding record for resolving any complaints. Most are resolved within 24 hours.
- We have never been to court except to collect money promised but not paid.
- Our license has never been suspended.
- We offer a complete range of quality levels.
- We provide informational brochures, product literature, and samples of the product.
creating happy customers
I wanted to express my thanks to your team for an exceptional job on the roofing of my home. I selected Summit Roofing from more than 6 other companies. Summit was not the lowest bidder but nor the...read more
Just wanted to let you know that I was very impressed by your crews work. They were there from just before 8 AM until 9PM. They did a very good job of picking up the trash, even going so far as to...read more
Once again, thanks for the great work on our roof during troublesome weather – I’m glad we’re all done and covered up. We are very pleased with the dedication of Jesus and his team, the quality and...read more
How delightful it to do business with a company that is prompt, reliable and offers a finished product that is worthy of praise. Your crews were very professional and skilled in the roofing...read more
I found your proposal comprehensive and honest. It has been a pleasure to deal with an honest and exceptionally professional company. Your crew was extremely efficient. I have recommended your company...read more
James E. Vaglia
It was a pleasure dealing with such a professional and competent organization. I was always made to feel as if my home was important and given top priority. The work crew was model of efficiency. They...read more
Edmond J. Singer
I was amazed at how quickly the job was completed - particularly in light of the extremely difficult working conditions posed by the severe heat and humidity this past week end. I'll certainly not...read more
Charles W. Thomas